Irrational Grief and Disappointment



My dad would have liked these. He liked liquorice allsorts. Darrell Lea liquorice allsorts particularly. When I saw these in the supermarket I felt quite cross that they didn't bring them out in time for him to try them. I know that there are much bigger things that he has missed and that we have missed sharing with him but this tipped me over the edge. I started weeping a little in the supermarket. I don't even like allsorts but I couldn't leave them behind. So, I bought them and I fed them to the kids and we remembered him. Seeing the kids enjoy them made me feel a little better.
***
Breathe in.
Breathe out.
Heart full.
***

Comments

Lynn said…
It comes around in waves, long after you think it will. At least that's been my experience. Much love to you -- L xx
blackbird said…
I can't look at an absolutely ridiculous candy we have called Circus Peanuts. They are banana flavored marshmallows shaped like peanuts and are orange. My dad's favorite.

Popular Posts