Family Traditions

Saturday, February 07, 2015


Mr Duyvken's Oma made a cross stitch birth announcement for each of her grandchildren. It is a lovely tradition that I was keen to continue with our children but I don't have the patience (or the eyesight) for cross stitch and my enthusiasm petered out after 2 children.
G and J both have a mama-made cross stitch in their rooms but C has one I bought already finished and I simply added her name and birth date before having it framed. I have been looking in Vinnie's and second hand shops over the years but hadn't seen anything I liked and then I remembered etsy.
There are so many people out there making beautiful things. I found some lovely pieces and bought 2 - 1 for JW and 1 for the littlest duckling. The hydrangeas above came from an etsy seller in Scotland called Kathstitch. It is exquisite.

0 comments:

Duyvken All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger