39 Weeks Pregnant

Monday, September 16, 2013

...and so ready to go. Please excuse the stain on my portable shelf and my pointy old lady elbows.


We did the big bedroom shuffle over the weekend so now everyone is where they need to be. I breathed a huge sigh of relief once we'd done that. It took all weekend to get the clothes/shoes/etc sorted and there is still a lot of stuff lying around that needs to find a home. I am hoping that doing a couple of hours each day will see things in much better shape by the time next weekend rolls around.


We also celebrated C's birthday (a few weeks ahead of schedule) over the weekend with some school friends and wonderful cousins. She had a ball. I had my traditional struggles with icing subsidence but I used a new recipe for the butter cake and it was delicious. I'm posting it here so I don't lose it.

Butter Cake Recipe from Sarah Hobbs, Food Editor, Taste.


  • 250g butter, softened1 cup caster sugar1 tsp vanilla extract3 eggs2 cups (300g) self-raising flour1/2 cup milk
Before starting, make sure all ingredients – eggs, milk and butter – are at room temperature. Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line the base of two 20cm round cake pans.
Use an electric mixer to beat the butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Add the flour and milk, alternating, in batches, until just combined. Divide mixture evenly among the prepared pans and use the back of a spoon or small palate knife to smooth the surface. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centres comes out clean.
Remove from oven and cool in pan for about five minutes before turning on to a wire rack to cool completely. Place one cake on a serving platter. Spread with icing and jam, if desired. Top with remaining cake and decorate with more icing and icing flowers.


There is not long now until this little one arrives, I get my body back and our family transforms once again. I welcome it with open arms!
    ***
      Breathe in.
        Breathe out.
          Heart full.
            ***

            4 comments:

            Stomper Girl :

            I predict she'll arrive tonight, because you've got the house ready! All the best for the labour! Can't wait to virtually meet her...Cx

            Michelle :

            You are as adorable as ever. :) Best of luck over the next few weeks. She'll get here..when she gets here. But, you're somewhat an expert on the topic. You don't need me telling you that.

            Suse :

            Thinking of you and the wee one this week! xxx

            Julie :

            Hoping all goes smoothly in your (hopefully) final week.

            Duyvken All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger