Bliss

Tuesday, July 16, 2013


As I tucked Sweetie in toight I leaned in close and whispered 'I love you with all my heart' as I always do. He looked at me and said 'what you say, mama?' so I leaned in closely again and whispered 'I love you with all my heart', he smiled a little and said again, 'what you say, mama?' so, for the third time I leaned in, brushed my cheek against his and whispered, 'I love you with all my heart'. As I drew back from him I saw that his eyes were lightly closed and he was letting my words pour over him. He was the very picture of bliss. He stayed that way for 2 or 3 seconds and then opened his eyes to smile at me again. I knew that he'd end up chatting to his sisters and keeping everyone awake for at least an hour (bedtime is a much more extended ritual at the moment than I think is ideal) but that moment reminded me of two things;
1. Enjoy the present. As one of my favourite quotes says 'wherever you are, be all there'. And,
2. Words are powerful and should be used well.
Both are very good reminders for me at the moment.
***
Breathe in.
Breathe out.
Heart full.
***

1 comments:

Duyvken All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger