International Women's Day

Yes, I know that was a while ago but I came across such a great photo on Lynn's blog that I was prompted to share my own photo. This was taken by one of our friends who, while attending parent/teacher night at his daughter's school was surprised to see my face up on the wall.


Turns out that his daughter (one of my wonderful god-daughters) had to do a project on a woman who inspires her for International Women's Day. She didn't pick Quentin Bryce or Dr Fiona Wood (they would have been much easier to research thanks to Google) she chose me. I was quite taken aback when I found out about it. Quite delighted too, of course. So, be good in all you do, dear reader, someone is always paying attention. 

Comments

Suse said…
Bless.

I am not surprised you are an inspiration to young girls, dear Amelia.
blackbird said…
HoorayHoorayHooray!

travellersyarn said…
Hey, well done you. The kids they watch us at all times...
Julie said…
now that makes everything worthwhile.
Lynn said…
Oh, that's the most heart-warming thing EVER. But why am I not at all surprised? xoxo
Frogdancer said…
That is fantastic.
I always think it's far more inspirational for kids to look up to someone in their own life, rather than a rock start etc. Makes the values they admire seem that much more achievable, which of course is exactly what we want!
Congratulations. *goes back to lurking*
Eleanor said…
So good!!!
The Coffee Lady said…
Oh how WONDERFUL! You must feel fantastic.

My daughter said she was going to feature me as her 'hero' for a project. Then she thought again, and said: "Or I might do my friend Caitlin."

Thanks, love.

Popular Posts