I Love Fruit - Pear


The pear quilt finally landed in Boston straight into the chubby arms of my nephew, Tommy. I started this quilt quite a while ago knowing that my sister loves this fabric range and inspired by a gorgeous board book called I Love Fruit. As usual, I had several moments of uncertainty, e.g. those strip curves were very hard to piece, I wasn't completely happy with my fabric selection for the background, I wasn't sure how to quilt it, etc but that striped bind pulled it all together and I am very, very happy with it. I am mentally planning a whole series of pieced fruit quilts.... you've got to love my optimism.
It is cot sized, quilted with slightly organic (read - wonky) horizontal lines, backed with a soft green polka dot fabric and bound with a beautiful organic cotton from Monaluna.


Now back to hand stitching C's scooter quilt - it's nearly finished and she can't wait to get her hands on it.

Comments

Julie said…
that is lovely, your quilts are all so gorgeous and tasteful and original. When you first showed this pear last year I didn't realise how big it was. The binding is perfect -it's amazing how the binding can really bring a quilt together. It is fabulous - so good I might have to steal your idea AGAIN. Though I've no longer got anyone needing cot quilts (sob).
Cath said…
Well hello there, long time no blog visiting! The pear quilt is really lovely, I've not seen anything like it before. It is now 2 years since we did the DLN workshop and I might finally be ready to start on a quilt! I'm heading along on Monday to the first GWSMQG meeting organised by Sheridan and Amy for some inspiration...maybe you can come along to one of the monthly sewing days when they start up for a sew and a catchup. Looking fwd to dropping in here more often! C x
Chantal said…
Gorgeous quilt - love the design, patterns and colours.
The Coffee Lady said…
It's gorgeous - but then that's never a surprise, with you.
blackbird said…
Beautiful.
Truly.

Popular Posts