Quilting with a view

Monday, July 09, 2012

I took the kids up north late last week to spend a couple of nights with Mr Duyvken's parents. They live on a little farm on a lake. Two of my sisters-in-law had also gone up so all the cousins were together and the kids all had a ball.
the best looking servo in NSW

We had a ridiculously long drive up there. There had been an accident earlier in the day on a single lane stretch of the highway (thankfully everyone was OK) and the clean up took such a long time that we spent 7 hours in the car instead of the usual 3 1/2 hours. Of course, the kids were all busting to go to the toilet. I have never been so glad to see the  petrol station at Bulahdelah. In fact, I was so glad to see it I took a photo. The queues for the toilets were LONG but we made it!

 It was cold but we had beautiful sunshine after a long rainy night. Sweetie enjoyed playing in all the muddy puddles and practicing his walking.
Sweetie's little piece of heaven
 I even squeezed in a little quilting while supervising the kiddos and reading books to JW. C's scooter quilt is nearly ready to be bound, I'm looking forward to finishing this one, I am really happy with how it is turning out.
Quilting with a view

3 comments:

Julie :

Did you hand quilt? I've never done that and would love to but am always too impatient.

Posie Patchwork :

Oh viva la school holidays, we only just started in Canberra, but we do that drive to visit my husband in Brisbane, frequently. Nothing like 3500km round trip with 4 children & i'm normally the first to nominate a toilet stop!! We've had rain al day, our ducks have loved it, the children manage to find puddles of water everywhere & still jump in each one, fabulous in gum boots - bigger splash. Love Posie

Fran :

I so have a love/hate relationship with Bulahdelah.........

Duyvken All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger