Oh my

Thursday, December 15, 2011

From a quilting perspective 2011 has been a very unproductive year. I finished the family of seven quilt at the very start of the year before Sweetie's birth and was able to finish one charm square stroller quilt but that was it. I have been itching to get the sewing machine out and make something but space, renovations and children have conspired against. My predisposition towards neatness hasn't helped either. The upside of this is that I have been able to browse and enjoy other people's projects and patterns this year, mentally filing away things that I would like to do myself once time allows. This beautiful DS quilt is definitely among them. Half square triangles are so versatlie (and happily easy to make). Townmouse has just posted an amazing star she has made using triangles. In fact, similar to the ds quilt, she used triangles to create triangles but then she went an extra step and used the triangles to make a star.
What are your sewing plans for 2012?

2 comments:

Kristine :

We must have very similar taste, because that quilt you have pictured made it into my pinterest Quilt board this week. It was a toss up between the one you've shown and the one I started making. I hope you find time to tackle it in 2012. I, for one, will look forward to seeing it if you do.

Julie :

that quilt is gorgeous. Quilting hasn't happened as much as I'd have liked this year and I haven't had a new baby or renovations as an excuse. My youngest will move into a bed in 2012 so a quilt for her is definitely on the table.

Duyvken All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger