Georgia Matilda's Quilt Finished

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I finally finished the little stroller quilt that I started for my friend's baby way back in April. It is a quick charm square project that I have done before but it took an age this time around, mostly because it spent so long sitting in the sewing pile waiting for me to grab a few moments to work on it. I am very happy with it, Kate Spain designs such pretty fabrics and everything, except the purple stripes, is from her Verna range.
 Thankfully, is has been a very cool spring so she should still be able to get some use out of it.
 Her name and birthdate are embroidered into it as well. Those stitches should feel very nice under her little fingers, hopefully they'll be well worn in a few months time.
C and Sweetie are both waiting patiently for fabric I have set aside for them to turn into something quilty. They won't be as patient as Georgia so I'll have to set aside some time for some serious stitching.

7 comments:

Frogdancer :

That's lovely!

Fran :

such a beautiful quilt Amelia, well worth the wait!

Fran :

by the way love your photo styling :)

blackbird :

It's lovely. Her patience is well paid for.

Julie :

Oh what a lovely quilt, I do like your work.

Tania :

Wow. 'Tis a BEAUTY. Worth the wait, I say...

Dolores :

Such a pretty quilt!

Duyvken All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger