Getting on the sticks

Thursday, July 28, 2011

I have long admired the work of the lovely Jen. Dear Eleanor and I are fighting over who gets to be President of the Australian chapter of her fan club. Eleanor thinks she's got it but when the gloves come off (and they will - Ultimate Fight Club style) I will be victorious.
Knitting involves a lot of math (eurgh) and counting (eurgh) but it is a lot more portable than quilting and if it doesn't involve setting up the ironing board and the sewing machine I might actually be able to create something.
Jen writes about noro and steeking and it makes me go 'hmmmm' C&C Music Factory style. Then I click across to Retromummy and she's knitting something adorable for one of her brood, then I realise that the things I most love to admire on Etsy are all the gorgeous handknits for babies and then I see this on Alison's blog and I realise that the time has come.
I have to learn how to do this!

3 comments:

That One :

If I can learn how to knit (which I did, a couple summers back), YOU can learn how to knit.

You're going to love it. I promise.

Suse :

WELCOME TO MY WORLD!

Now. First you need to join Ravelry ...

Jen :

I am honored. And here I thought the Australian chapter had disbanded in disgust after I proclaimed the superiority of marshmallow fluff over Vegemite.

Duyvken All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger