Fame and Fudge

Thursday, July 14, 2011

I'm famous, have you heard? This may be the highlight of my fame so let's take a moment to soak it all in.


There, moment over.

Thank you.

Now that that's over I can tell you what this post is really about. I have been on pinterest for a few weeks and, whilst there are some truly beautiful things there, there are also plenty of pictures that can only be described as so wrong.

I can't keep them to myself anymore but Mr Duyvken is sick of running to the computer only to discover that I expect him to, once again, express amazement and concern at yet another scary food picture. He's a dear man but he has his limits.

So, the things that have really disturbed me this week are:
oreo and peanut butter pies - I have no words.

Chocolate Caramel Potato Chips - again, there are no words.

Her website is unbelievable, and it seems to be legit. I think she genuinely makes and EATS this stuff.

Oreo stuffed choc-chip cookes and brownie bars stacked with ice-cream and fudge sauce. Surely, I don't need to say anything more.

7 layer dip also concerns me but I get the impression that it is pretty special to those living Stateside so I am not going to take that on this week. I'll save that for a savoury post.

7 comments:

Mary :

I am still seeing the good over at Pinterest - I am sure the bad will come.

Yet again my addictive personality has succumbed ... in this case, as you know, potential renos are the excuse.

Doesn't explain all the other boards though!

Lynn :

It was a mistake to read this blog post before breakfast.

Signed, Another Pinterest Addict

Tania :

My blood sugar levels just blasted through the ceiling. So pleased I didn't see 'em before breakfast.

Aunty Suzi :

I distinctly remember, as a kid, thinking that someone should find a way to combine chocolate and potato chips.
This is a dream come true for me -- I think I'm going to have to try it.
Aunty Suzi

sophie :

yep, wrong, and icky...yuck.

Corrie :

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I haven't managed to find those things but now I don't feel so bad about my treat foods.

Valerie :

oh wow that 1000 calories a bite !!

i love pinterest too ! and find the site so convenient to "store" some fave recipes in a board where i can go easily whenever i feel like baking :)

Duyvken All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger