Right now

We're pretending we live in an inner city loft while we sit in the dark and look at the exposed brick. The diy renovation has well and truly begun! The dust covering everything may be the end of me. I am choosing to look at this as an opportunity for personal development and letting go of some of my neatnik ways.
This is how it looked on Saturday. Apparently, he doesn't believe in drop sheets.
Yeah.
I'll let you know how that goes.
The dining table is one of Mr Duyvken's creations. Give that man a brick pallet, a hammer and some furniture wax and he can do beautiful things. He made this 11 1/2 years ago when we were newlyweds with a very small budget for setting up house together. We collected brick pallets from the side of the road and he made a few things that we still use and love. He's a clever fellow that Mr Duyvken.

Comments

Lynn said…
Eek! Good luck with it all!

(And yes, you do have quite a catch there...)
Jen said…
What a lovely table! LB's home improvement skills are pretty much limited to changing light bulbs, and reaching stuff that's Up High.
Julie said…
hey, we have the same chairs. Do you find that (young) visitors to your house inevitably climb off the chairs sideways and tip over? We have had happen this more times than I care to remember. I always feel like a negligent host, having not-especially-child-friendly chairs in my house, but I do like them so. And Mr Duyvken's table is excellent. And I've started on your family-of-seven quilt!
sophie said…
He is clever Amelia, I LOVE that able, square table are super cool.
The Coffee Lady said…
Isn't he just! Good luck with the building...
blackbird said…
oooh!
An excellent table (and those chairs!) -but I don't envy you the reno.
Valerie said…
what a talented sweet half you have !! congratulations to him (and to you for choosing him LOL)
i love your dining and the chair are a perfect mix with the table.
i can see we're on the same (house renovation) boat. excepted ours is much heavier and sometimes (like yesterday !) i feel like giving up & that we're chained to this house for the worse !!

Popular Posts