The Children's Hospital at Westmead

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Mr Duyvken holding sweet William.

I don't have many words tonight. My oldest friend's sister had a little boy on May 29th and he passed away today. He has been in the NICU at The Children's Hospital Westmead and in the 11 days he has been there I have come across 2 ways for crafters to help. I'm sharing the links here for anyone else who may be interested.


Her Heart My Hands - 1m square wraps needed for the cardiac unit.


QuiltSewScrap - quilts for the oncology unit.


Donate directly here.


I'll be sewing some wraps this week and, whilst quietly wishing them well, thinking about a young couple who didn't get to take their firstborn home.

3 comments:

blackbird :

oh
such a thing.

sophie :

Amelia, I am so sorry for your loss. There are no words.

Thank you for you offer of help and for spreading the news.
xxxx

Corrie :

oh Amelia doesn't that just break your heart. How sad. I can't imagine their loss. I will be saying some prayers for them for strength, comfort and love. The world can be so hard sometimes. Breaks my heart
Corriexxx

Duyvken All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger