WIPs

At Craft Room last night I sewed yoyos onto a few singlets while getting to know a few new crafters from the neighbourhood. It was our busiest night all year! A big sigh of relief for me because after a couple of very lean months I had been wondering if we'd be able to continue into 2011. I won't be co-ordinating Northern Beaches next year (that's just a fancy way of saying that I hold the keys and am the contact and payment point for the Council) and now that the year is winding down I should start thinking about booking nights for next year and finding someone else to volunteer for the role. Can you believe it's nearly the end of the year? I feel terribly aged when I say things like that but 4th term is about to begin and don't feel ready for it at all!

We're in the middle of school holidays at the moment and the first week has been a bit of a blur. The kids have been playing hot potato with a rather nasty 24hr gastro bug so I have been busy tending to sick children and doing laundry. Thank goodness for warm sunny days! There were a few hours yesterday afternooon when everyone was well so we grabbed the opportunity to get out of the house and headed down to a local park to feed the ducks.

We also spotted thisbig guy warming himself before the final rays of sunlight dipped below the hills.
G, looked like avoiding the tummy bug but she came down with it late last night. I guess that means we'll all be well before the party on Saturday, at least. Fingers crossed that Mr Duyvken and I have avoided it. OCD-style handwashing may just have come into it's own!

Comments

Fran said…
fingers crossed for you Amelia!
Corrie said…
I can't believe it's almost been a year! where has it gone!!!!!!! Those singlets are cute and hope everyone gets better soon - I'm just hoping our bout doesn't go through everyone.........it's the washing that kills me!

Corrie:)
Chantal said…
Had fun at the craftroom last night! Hope it continues into next year, would love to participate again.

The singlets are so sweet : )

Popular Posts