Double Digits

My beautiful, serious G is turning 10 this weekend. We've got lots of celebrations planned for this wonderful girl. She's so excited about having her double digits birthday and after talking about it for months she can't believe it's finally happening. It reminds me of when I turned 10 (sadly, many years ago!). I felt like I was on the threshold of some great stuff; the world was full of possibility and there were only good times ahead. I think that G feels the same way and I want to make sure some of her hopes and dreams come true. What hopes and dreams does a 10yo have? Sleepovers, making chocolates, a G shaped cake, breakfast in bed and picnics in the park.

Comments

Mary said…
She is very beautiful and her plans are wonderful - and I remember turning 10 too - a lot longer ago than when you did! It is a special day indeed..
Stomper Girl said…
Gosh I can't remember turning ten, but I've got a nearly 10 year old and it's a seriously fabulous age. I love that you are trying to make all her dreams come true, and I hope she has a magnificent birthday.
Fran said…
How exciting (and a touch sad for you I expect). Here's to successful celebrations and turning 10!
The Coffee Lady said…
She's lovely. A very happy birthday to her.

(Eldest will be 10 in October. How does this happen so fast?)
Michelle said…
Happy Birthday G!!

I'm finding it funny how grown all the girls from our original '00 babies group look vs the boys. The girls are really starting to look like pre-teens (ack!) and the boys still look like overgrown toddlers. LOL.
Eleanor said…
She already has the most wonderful mother and most fabulous family. Anything else is simply icing on the cake.

And I can't get over how STRAIGHT her hair is compared to JW!
I hope her dreams come true too. Happy Birthday G!
blackbird said…
Happy day to the beautiful G!
Corrie said…
gorgeous and yep I remember turning 10 too! I carried all my birthday cards around because I was so excited!

happy birthday big girl:)

Corrie:)
Lynn said…
What a sweetie! Hope the celebrations are going delightfully...
fifi said…
what a lovely adorable little girl.

I have a daughter with a birthday this weekend too!

..except she wants cocktails and jewellery..lol
eurolush said…
Happy belated Birthday to G! She's so grown up and beautiful!

XX e

Popular Posts