Dinner tonight


I had some spinach left over from last night's quiche so I made spinach and almond curry for dinner tonight. I have a slight ground nut obsession at the moment. Grinding a handful of almonds and adding it to a tomato based curry gives such a lovely creaminess to the sauce, probably a lot of calories too but I'm not going to think about that right now. There's a time and a place, people!


Spinach and Almond Curry

Ingredients

a couple of tablespoons of oil

1tsp dark mustard seeds

1/3 tsp ground tumeric

2 tsp ground cumin

pinch of ground chilli

good pinch of salt (to taste)

400g can of tomatoes

handful of almonds, ground

1 brown onion, chopped

3 cups of baby spinach leaves

Method

Heat the oil

Add the onion and spices and heat until the mustard seeds start to crack

Add the tomatoes and turn the heat down to medium

Cook until some of the excess water has evaporated

Add the almonds, stir until combined

Remove from the heat, add the spinach and stir through the hot sauce to wilt a little and serve with rice.


Taking the photo of this tonight was much trickier than yesterday when I had the daylight to help. So I offer some great food (photography) blog links to make up for it. Check out smittenkitchen and veganyumyum for some delicious looking dishes!

Comments

ThirdCat said…
calories from almonds do not count...that looks delicious and I am going to give it a try.
The Coffee Lady said…
That looks wonderful. I'm on my way round.
blackbird said…
Oooh.
Looks and sounds SO good!
Tuli said…
Yum. That really looks delicious.
That look so delicious. I can feel my stomach rumbling. I will probably try this recipe. Thank you for sharing.

Popular Posts