Dinner tonight

One quiche for us and one quiche for a family with a newborn baby. See, sometimes I trade gifts for cuddles and sometimes I trade food. Tonight, I was going to trade food but the baby in question WAS NOT THERE when I dropped off dinner. Oh my goodness! I let her keep the quiche but I wasn't happy about it. She owes me some time with that sweet, wriggly bundle of goodness and I hope she knows it :-)
I used my mum's trusty recipe which I have altered ever so slightly and I made a spinach quiche for us and a ham quiche for the meat-eating Mitchells.

Spinach Quiche
Ingredients
Pastry
1 1/4 cup plain flour
pinch of salt
4 tbsps butter
up to 1/4 cup cold water
Method
Mix flour, salt, butter together in a food processor until it looks like breadcrumbs
Add water in a thin drizzle until the pastry comes together
Form a ball and press into your quiche dish using your knuckes to press it into the corners and up the sides.
Filling
Ingredients
1 brown onion finely diced
1 handful of baby spinach leaves
jarlsberg cheese to roughly cover the filling
3 eggs
3/4 cup cream
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
good pinch of sea salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Method
Take the first three ingredients and arrange them on the pastry
Mix the other ingredients together in the food processor and pour into the piecase
Decorate with chopped cherry tomatoes
Bake in a moderate oven until golden
I'd love to give you a more precise idea of how long it takes to cook but our oven is notoriously unreliable. It should take about 30-40mins.

Enjoy!

Comments

Frogdancer said…
We've got so much spinach growing that I have to use up. I might make this tonight. Thanks!
Corrie said…
ohhhh yum you're a good friend! one of my friends brought over a couple of meals when we had the twins, so sweet and thoughtful but yes you should cuddles in return!!!!!

Corrie;)

Popular Posts