Working on...

I could also name this post 'the trouble with buying fabric online' because I got my order from fatquartershop.com last week and the dark brown pindot fabric I bought to use as binding on J's quilt is far too dark. It reads as a black rather than a brown. I think I let myself be swayed by the fact that it is named Chocolate Garden Pindot but even the picture on the website looks definitely brown. Such a pity! It's not worth the cost of postage and the 20% restocking fee to try to return it so I will keep it and I am sure I will find a use for it in future projects but I now need to decide what to use for binding on this quilt. I am pretty keen to have a brown binding but I am open to suggestions, what do you think?
Also, dear readers, do you know which online fabric shop has a colour matching function? I am sure I have visited a site that allows you to view a fabric and then search for co-ordinating fabrics by selecting one of the colours in the original fabric but I can't remember what it was called. That would be a great tool to help me finish this quilt!



The other thing I have been working on is this quilt for JW's cot. I saw this lovely quilt on flickr and am making my own version. I love the pieced inner border and that is what I am working on at the moment. The school holidays and after dinner games of double patience with Mr Duyvken have slowed my progress down considerably but I hope the get the sewing machine out over the weekend.

PS Sorry the photos are sideways, Blogger occasionally plays with the pics I am uploading and today is one of those days. I figure since these ones don't have people in them I'm just going to leave them as they are and you can all tilt your heads to your right to see them properly. On the upside you can cancel your chiro visits this week!

Comments

sophie said…
Hawthorne Threads has colour match and a large selection of fabrics I am sure you will be able to find something that suits. Buying online is so fun but when things like that happen it can be a hassle!
blackbird said…
I cannot help with your fabric issues but I WILL say that I had a favorite blouse in that too dark fabric and had forgotten about it until now.
Thank you!
Tonya Ricucci said…
eQuilter has a color matcher. love those bicycles!

http://www.equilter.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/color_finder.html?sid=31U9Hz2SvA1I6d8-47110443732.91

Popular Posts