Favourites

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Hi Mary, you liked my past Favourites post so here's another quick little list for you. I hope you're well by the way, do post some more photos for us to enjoy, won't you?

We watched Eastern Promises a few weeks ago and I spent a large part of the film trying to figure out how Naomi Watts manages to look so good in jeans and a jacket. Apparently, I am not the only one who loved how she looked because there is info online about the jacket she wears in almost every scene. It's apparently a Belstaff Motorcycles brand called the Cordura New Tourist Trophy jacket 1500 (how's that for a catchy name?). Gorgeous! I have no idea how much it costs but it's probably ridiculously expensive given that they list it's specs on the website, don't you think? Her boots are also lovely, just flat soled knee high black boots that I've been admiring in all the store windows for a while now. Hm, time to go shopping?

I bought this fat quarter pack and am going to make a quilt for the couch now that the evenings are getting chilly. I love greens, aquas and blues together so I think I'll enjoy snuggling under this over the coming months.

I've got a few stitching projects that I want to work on but there are also some things making me itch to get the woodworking tools out. Marble run, anyone?

And, if you haven't seen it yet, stop by MadebyJoel for some crafty inspiration. His modernist doll house is divine.

JW turned 2 today (I know!) and my book editing sister, S, who always gives the most amazing books gave her a little gem called Millions of Snow. Aunty S needs a blog to keep track of all the wonderful children's books that are out there, don't you think? But, you know, no pressure!

4 comments:

Belinda :

What a gorgeous quilt that fabric will make. I think I might need to give in soon and buy some.

Eleanor :

JW 2?????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow.

peppermintpatcher :

Between the ages of 5 and 7 my son thought of nothing but marble runs. Lots of fun!

Corrie :

oh amelia, the illustrations of the book are soooo cute!!!!!! must keep an eye out for it, I bet your guys have the best little kids library going on at home ever!

corrie:)

Duyvken All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger