The delightful duo SmitoniusandSonata have given me an award (an award!) and tagged me to participate in the Kreativ Blogger 7 Things Meme (a meme!). So, what are 7 things you don't know about me? Well, here they are,
1. All parents should have a convincing 'thumbs up' in their arsenal of encouraging words and gestures but I, sadly, do not. My 'thumbs up' attempts are pathetically limp and ill-formed. I worked hard on it through 2009 but it didn't get any better or any easier. But what can I do? The OK gesture is just as bad and if I wave at them they feel compelled to stop whatever they are doing to return the wave which isn't what I am aiming for. I just want to let them know that I'm watching, that they're doing well and to encourage them to keep having fun. I ruined a few soccer goal attempts this year by waving!
2. None of my quilts sold at the market last weekend. Nor have they sold on etsy. So, whilst I am perfectly happy with my quilts and my quilting, I have to admit that other people (although very polite) are not interested in parting with money to have a duyvken original snuggling their precious little bundle. Somewhat pathetically, I had already mentally built a small empire on my little quilts. I was designing labels and building a studio in the roof space. You know those gorgeous attic conversions? Yes, one of those was going to be mine. Which proves that I am a dyed in the wool optimist! The upside of having all those quilts still sitting in the cupboard at my house is that I will be well stocked for when new babies are born and school fundraiser time rolls around again. See, there's always an upside.
3. I heart Bernard Fanning. To prove that my affection is not misplaced I give you Exhibit A:
and Exhibit B:
I rest my case.
4. I just finished JM Coetzee's Slow Man. It was wonderful! The book I read before that was an Elizabeth George mystery which probably makes JM seems even better than he actually is but even taking that into account he is a remarkable writer. It's a very thought provoking book.
5. My hairdresser's name is Betty.
6. I have met some amazing and wonderful people through blogging - a big shout out to all of you!
7. Mr Duyvken has man flu. He's been stricken for a couple of weeks. It's a particularly bad case of man flu, as I am sure you can imagine. So, not a lot of fun for me, as I am also sure you can imagine. So the last thing you might not know about me is that I am not a fan of man flu.
Tomorrow, I'll be back to tag 7 other people!