Answering Questions

I've had a couple of questions lately but some of the commenters have no-reply emails so I'll answer them here. I hope that if you asked me something you'll find the answer here!

CC's comment:
I love the tractor fabric and the animals in the last post. Where do you find such lovely fabric?
Hi CC! Clearly, you have excellent taste. I am sure that I have mentioned before that sewing is little more than a pleasant diversion for me and, as such, I make slow progress with many of my projects. I bought the animal fabric (Alexander Henry 2d zoo) a few years ago from Quilt Fabric Delights. They don't seem to have it in stock at the moment but I did find it here and here.
I found the tractor fabric at the Craft Depot but I can't find it on the website and I used it all so I don't know what it was called.
Some of the places I like to buy fabric are Spotlight, Retromummy and Fat Quarter Shop.
Lynn's comment:
Are you guys officially vegetarian?
Hi Lynn! I know that is just a yes or no question but I am sure you are dying for details (haha) so the answer is 'yes' but there's a little more to it than that. We've been vegetarian for a long time (12 or 15 years?) with a few bouts of veganism but I like honey and I wear leather so I can't commit completely to that although I do admire people who do. Our pantry is full of legumes and the fridge is full of soy milk, we eat vegie meals here at home but Mr Duyvken eats meat and fish from time to time when he goes out (particularly for work functions) and has done so for 3 or 4 years.

Comments

Lynn said…
Drat that no-reply thing! You can email me at bloglynn@gmail.com any old time.

And I can relate: vegetarian for almost 24 years, but merely a dabbler in veganism...
Bianca said…
Oh, yeah that's right Vego...and I offered you sausage rolls TWICE on Sunday! Sorry, I forgot. (and I'm a veo off the waon after 10 years)
Bianca said…
clearly I have some typing issues today! "and I'm a veGo off the waGon after 10 years"
Duyvken said…
No problem at all, Bianca! They did smell delicious!
CC said…
Thanks for your detailed reply. I've added these websites to my favourites list. I'm a relative newbie to the sewing world but don't mind buying random lovely fabric with no apparent plans in mind.

I'm an omnivore but my husband, B, has been vego for over 10 years so I'm always on the lookout for more tasty vego ideas.
Fe said…
Oh no! Now I feel dreadful for eating that huge rare steak next to you the other night! I hope it didn't put you off your gnocchi!

xoxo

Popular Posts