Sneak Peek


Here's what I have been working on. It is a finished stroller quilt and the matching cot quilt (that isn't quite done yet). I pulled out of the markets when I realised that morning sickness was going to make it difficult to build up enough inventory to fill a stall but I had already started on a couple of stroller quilts and had bought some fabric with the markets in mind so I am going to try selling some quilts online. That's going to be a bit of a leap for me and I am not yet sure how I will set it up but I am excited about it! Do you have any advice regarding selling through etsy or madeit or should I just set up my store using a service like big cartel? I'm leaning towards setting up my own little shop and linking it through my blog but I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Comments

Mary said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary said…
That was me deleting a comment because all I saw was the comment about morning sickness and then I went back through your posts and I am so sorry for your loss darling girl.

Etsy and your own little shop...

love to you

Mx
Cascade Lily said…
I think they look gorgeous. I haven't sold anything, but I buy through Etsy. The other 'hip' place to look is leelo - http://www.leeloo.com.au/.
Cass said…
As a seller the only problem I have with etsy is the shear volume of things being listed. If you are going to list quite often they you should be ok. I would suggest not listing 10 things on one day for example but listing 2 a day for 5 days as this will keep you higher up on the list especially in the local search which I often do when I want to buy from a local seller. The advantage etsy and made it have over your own shop is the marketing aspect. Initially you are only going to get blog readers through your own store whereas with etsy and made it you are targetting people who are looking for something to buy.

Popular Posts