Markets

Subtitled: Things I think I will live to regret.
I have signed myself up to have a stall at the school's market night at the end of Oct. I don't know exactly what I will have to sell but I have started on some very simple stroller quilts (made using charm squares so it takes not time at all to whip up the quilt top) and will also make a bunch of felt crowns and perhaps some drawstring bags of marbles (?). The tables aren't big so I don't need to have a truckload of inventory but I do want to have enough stuff on offer so as not to embarrass myself.
I think I'll be a busy bee for the next few weeks!

Comments

sophie said…
Awesome, I am sure you will have a blast.
ingrid said…
Good luck! I am sure your stall will be a big hit. Everyone needs a charm square quilt!
well if those charm square quilts are anything to go by your stall is sure to be a big hit!
Belinda said…
You'll be great! You should try and make some hairclip holders like the one you made for Ingrid. I'm sure they would be a big hit with the girls and mums.
Lynn said…
Ooh, those are stunning! Have fun!
Cascade Lily said…
Good luck with it. Remember, start making early! PS your eggs arrived safely - my daughter was over the moon! Many thanks!
M said…
I had a fleeting moment earlier in the year when I thought of doing a similar thing. Now I can't imagine getting my act together in time so I'm glad I didn't volunteer.

However, seems like you are going great guns! good on you.
BabelBabe said…
I liked the little rucksacks you made your kids for preschool...also, I admire your fortitude - I don't mind sewing quilt tops together, but my God, the cutting out! Never. Seems. To. End.
eurolush said…
Love the quilts. Can't wait to see the finished products. I would buy them all.
Beautiful quilts ! How about bookmarks and pincushions ....people start Christmas shopping earlier and earlier . Handmade gifts are lovely to give and receive .
craftschmaft said…
You'll be great! Love the charm square quilts.
Corrie said…
yay! yes I am having fun getting ready for markets mind you I have till december which is a nice while away!
Corrie;)
Eleanor said…
That's enough now dear Duyv, time to come back to us.

And next time we meet I'll teach you my eye-avoidance techniques for those school playground volunteering requests which pop up when least expected.

Popular Posts