Happy birthdays

I was woken by all 4 lovelies this morning and they were almost more excited than I was! Actually given that this birthday is my 35th and I'm feeling a little sensitive about that, they probably were more excited than I was. I've never thought I was someone who was fussed about age but that seems be to changing as I get older. 35 sounds very grown up, and it sounds like I should have some exciting adventures and experiences behind me. My exciting adventures list could use a little lengthening so I'll be working on that over the next few years. Any hints on things I should do?
That's my birthday loot above, I received a beautiful painting by a local artist (Afra Beukers), some Haigh's chocolate and a wonderful book handmade by G. I'll share some of that soon but it is something I will always cherish.

Comments

Four lovlies sounds like a most exciting adventure to me!

Happy birthday.
Frogdancer said…
Happy birthday (from someone who'll soon be 46...)
The Coffee Lady said…
Oh happy birthday!

Never mind the adventures - all that matters is what you're doing right now, and that you're happy.

(And I'm older than you. Pah.)
Happy birthday bloss! Hope you had a lovely day w/ all the fam.
Mary said…
Got here just in time to wish you a happy birthday and a wonderful year ahead - just as you deserve dear friend..
M said…
The best thing about being 35 is that you can now claim to be 35 until such time as you can't get away with it anymore. I only admit to 34. I figure I can get away with that until my eldest child is 14. Then I will revise upwards, slightly.

Happy Birthday!
Tuli said…
Happy Birthday! Your lovelies did a great job with those gifts. :)
Michelle said…
Happy Birthday!!

I think 4 children is enough adventure for most women but if you need something else, maybe 5???
I've just become twice as old as you minus 8 . And no , I wasn't too thrilled either ! But maybe nobody'll notice if we both keep quiet.
Eleanor said…
OH! Happy belated birthday dear A!!!

Adventures?!! You have FOUR children, I think that's plenty adventure!!!!!

P.S. I'm 40, thought it might make you feel better.
Rachel said…
Happy birthday Amelia, hope you had a great day!
eurolush said…
Happy Belated Birthday to a super-sweet-adorable-talented-funky-fresh-35-year-old-who-is-still-young-with-a-whole-lifetime-of-adventures-ahead-of-her!

I missed you...
Cascade Lily said…
Well happy birthday youngster!

Popular Posts