Dinner tonight

Monday, August 24, 2009

Corn fritters (Bill Granger's recipe)
Ingredients

Kernels cut from 3 large corn cobs
1/2 brown onion, diced
2 eggs
15g fresh coriander, leaves and stalks
125g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
salt and pepper
oil
Method
1. Place 2/3 of the corn in a food processor with the flour, baking powder, onion, eggs, coriander, salt and pepper and process until combined.
2. Stir in the remaining corn kernels.
3. Drop 2 tablespoons in a non-stick fry pan and cook over a medium heat turning once. They should go nice and golden on each side.
4. Keep warm in the oven until you are ready to serve them.

I served them with a green salad and oven roasted cherry tomatoes. J didn't like them very much but everyone else thought they were great. Poor little mite just had to have extra salad.

8 comments:

Samantha :
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sheron :
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tuli :

Oh, that dinner looks yummy. I think I'll have to try my hand at these.

Cheers!

Lynn :

Yum! And I'm envious that your children will eat salad. Around here, those spinach leaves would have to be sautéed in garlicky oil. Textures, you know.

kim at allconsuming :

Bill's corn fritters are one of my absolute favourites. I mix it up a bit by adding some diced red capsicum as well.

And that agedashi tofu - oh come to mama.

The Coffee Lady :

Oh, Bill. I love him so.

peppermintpatcher :

I love to eat a fritter, but constantly fail at making them. I think I need a gas hob instead of the electric cook top that I currently have.

Yours look like I imagine mine would look...

Tuli :

I made these on Friday -- they were yummy.

I linked to you today!

Duyvken All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger