Scenes from today

The peeps and I made scones for afternoon tea with lashings of jam and cream. I am thrilled to have another sweet that I can bake in a hot oven, because my oven is ON or OFF, and ON is HOT.We made collages with glue, junk mail, glitter and fabric scraps. G was working on a project for Book Week, J made a display board about lady beetles and C didn't want to miss out so just used as much glue and glitter as possible.
She used a lot......and needed a long, warm bath to get all that craft glue and glitter off before she could eat dinner.
Want to bake scones too? Here's the recipe:
Scones
Ingredients
2 cups self raising flour
1 oz of butter
3/4 cup of milk
1/2 tsp salt
Method
Put flour and salt in a mixing bowl
Rub butter into the flour
Make a well in the centre, pour in the milk and bring together to form a dough
Knead very lightly so as not to activate to gluten in the dough
Roll out, cut into circles, brush with milk and bake on a baking tray in a hot oven (Yippee!) for 15-20mins or until golden.
Wrap in a tea towel so that they're still nice and warm when you serve them, break them in half, cover with jam and cream and don't worry about all that sticky jam getting all over the table until after everyone has a full belly.

Comments

There is no such thing as TOO much glitter!
Curry and camelias , scones and glitter .... these might even be some of my Favourite Things .
I'm going to be humming that wretched song for days now .
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Coffee Lady said…
I like scones. But I never bake then. That's just wrong of me.
phd in yogurtry said…
So you make a sugar-less scone, then. Much better where calories are concerned. My favorite scone to make uses orange rind.

Popular Posts