No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency


The BBC have turned this wonderful series of books by Alexander McCall Smith into a tv series. I'm more excited about it than is appropriate for a 34 year old but I've decided just to roll with it. Precious Ramotswe is a great character and I have enjoyed reading all the books. The show looks like it will truly beautiful to look at as it has been filmed in Botswana and the light, colours and textiles look amazing. Yes, I said textiles. I'm already hankering after some of those african prints!

Comments

M said…
Oh yes, I'm looking forward to this too. Do you know when it will appear on our screens?
Mary said…
Same question as M.

My mother keeps telling me to read these books and perhaps I shall!
The Coffee Lady said…
This is where I get to be all smug and say we've had it in the UK ages ago, isn't it?

It's pretty, and funny, but I only watched it once. I thought it would be good to do the ironing to, but it was completely devoid of pretty men.

I need pretty men when I'm ironing.
I loved it . My resident African expert also enjoyed it and didn't disappear in the middle to hunt for icecream , so it was definitely good !
Anna of Helylle said…
I can't wait to see this!
P.S. Don't you love Mma Ramotswe's expression "traditionally built"...?

Popular Posts