Farewell

The agapanthus in my garden are fading to a light purple and going to seed. They're such reliable, sturdy things but even they feel lethargic in Sydney's mid-summer heat. C calls them 'panthus' and uses them as microphones when we're in the garden, announcing who will be next on the slide or singing 'baa baa black sheep' while we're getting everyone in the car. Getting everyone in the car takes a while so I've heard a lot of 'baa baa black sheep' over the past year! I wonder if she'll still do that when they bloom again next year? I hope so, it's those little things that I adore.

Comments

She may not.

But you have recorded the memory beautifully.
Frogdancer said…
I just love agapanthus. They're so easy and spectacular... I don't care that they're considered a weed in the country. I wish all weeds were like these!
You know, once the flowers disappear and the pods come, you can cut off the stalks, dry them out and then spray paint them - they make quite an artistic 'sculpture'.

I can't believe I just typed that. Let alone knew about it.

GAH.
Tamara said…
Such a lovely photo. The white fence in the background looks so nice. I love agapanthus and have quite a few blue in my garden, of course my favourtie are white!

Popular Posts