In progress...

My mother-in-law's table runner is coming along well. I have finished the piecing and am going to stop by the quilt store on the way home from school pick-up this afternoon to get some batting and a backing fabric. I didn't use the green in the photo above but chose a floral instead. They're colours that are in the new house the in-laws have built for themselves and hopefully they'll enjoy to use it.
I used vliesofix for the applique letters and it wasn't as easy to use and I was expecting. The paper kept peeling off before I had a chance to complete the cutting and it's already peeling off what is left of the roll that I bought. On the up-side it adhered to the fabric beautifully, it has been very easy to stitch through and it only cost me a couple of dollars. I will use it again, there's probably just some trick to it that I haven't figured out yet.
A note came home from G's school last week about the dinner dance fundraiser that will be held in a few months time. The main fundraising activity on the night will be a silent auction and they are soliciting donations. I am hoping to complete two stroller quilts before the baby arrives (one girly, one boyish) so I will donate the one that I don't end up needing. Of course, I have no idea whether or not I will be able to get this done in time. The baby will be here in 6wks and there's a lot happening between now and then so I will wait and see if I complete those projects before I put my hand up to volunteer!

Comments

Cascade Lily said…
Wow only six weeks to go! Not long now. Better get painting!!

Popular Posts