Faux pas

Friday, February 22, 2008


I made a huge mistake today. Huge. I sent the wrong sandwich to pre-school with J. He got the crunchy peanut butter instead of the vegemite. That may not sound like a big deal to a lot of people but anyone familiar with the peanut policy documents that are sent home from pre-schools and daycare centres will be able to imagine the sink-into-the-floor humiliation and embarrassment I felt upon collecting him from school this afternoon and being asked to step into the director's office for a quiet word. I will NOT being making that mistake again. I even cut the peanut butter sandwich differently to the others so that it will be obvious which one it is. My brain obviously wasn't firing properly this morning. Thank goodness nothing untoward happened!

The kicker (there's always one isn't there?) was J telling me in the car on the way home that he didn't really like his sandwich. He doesn't need to worry about getting it again, it's vegemite or hummus from here on in!

2 comments:

Michelle :

oh no! I've done that once, sent pbj with ian and regular pb with Sarah. Luckily we don't have any pb restrictions other than Ian can't sit at the PB free table...

Paper. :

oh my gosh, thats exactly what happens here too in New Zealand (the no penut butter policy).

Duyvken All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger