If you feel like over-eating

I can recommend this book I gave Mr Duyvken for Christmas.
The Essential Madhur Jaffrey
I bought it on the recommendation of my sister-in-law and her husband who have used it for the past couple of years and always produce delicious indian dinners. It took me a while to get hold of it because I hate pushing the stroller around big shopping centres and tend to frequent smaller places instead. That does mean that I know lot's of delightful local bookstores and their owners but it also means that the choice can be somewhat limited. I had hoped to get to the wonderful Cooks for Books store before Christmas but I realised on the 22nd that there wasn't much chance of that happening so I ended up sucking it up, heading to Westfield at Hornsby and found the book at Borders.
We've eaten a few things from it so far and it's fantastic. It puts my local indian restaurant to shame.

Comments

Lazy Gal Tonya said…
ooh, I love Indian food. I have one of Madhur's earlier books. Are the recipes pretty straight forward or is there a lot of work involved? I'm lazy when it comes to cooking (surprise) so as few steps as possible make me happy.
blackbird said…
Now you must see Today's Special!

Popular Posts