Agatha's Pointless Confetti Quilt


I've been finshing the piecing on Agatha's stroller quilt over the past 2 days while J hasn't been feeling well and not wanting to stray too far from me. He has loved sitting on my lap and watching the fabric feed through the whirring sewing machine. I cut these blocks a month or so ago from a 5 inch square valentine charm pack with a view to making the confetti quilt from The Fun Quilt Studio's book Modern Quilt Workshop. There are so many quilts in this book that I want to make!
Unfortunately, I misaligned the template when I was cutting and so ended up with pieces that didn't leave enough seam allowance to maintain the tips of the triangles. I put the project aside while I got on with J's single bed quilt and tried to figure a way around the problem. In the end I decided to sew them together using the leftover black and cream toile from J's castle quilt as sashing creating pointless confetti blocks. It is an accidentally liberated quilt, if you will!
I have another black and cream fabric to use the border and I may throw in a few blue and green fabrics as well. However, I don't know if they will read well with the red so that is still just a possibility.

Comments

Lazy Gal Tonya said…
there you go, that's the spirit. The points don't matter - it's a fun quilt just as it it.
Lily said…
You and me both! Hence my 'Wonky Geese' I finished recently. It looks great. Black, white and red are a great combo!

Popular Posts