Rocky road to smooth the path

Mr Duyvken had a rough day at work yesterday and came home feeling drained. It's just the usual frustrations and limitations of corporate life combined with the fact that he hasn't had a break since Christmas but it is hard to see him feeling so unenthused about work. Hopefully the Easter long weekend will recharge his batteries and renew him for the months ahead. We celebrate C's half birthday on Friday, Mr Duyvken's 32nd birthday on Saturday and Easter on Sunday so I am expecting to be worn out and a few kgs heavier on Monday.
A friend shared her rocky road recipe with me on the weekend and it was so fiendishly simple I had to try it out. You only need 3 minutes - seriously.

Start with this -
And you end up with this -

Melt the chocolate in a ceramic bowl in the microwave at 600 watts for 1 minute, stir with a metal spoon and return to the microwave for another minute at 600 watts. Take 125g of marshmallows, cut them in half (I used kitchen scissors), stir through the melted chocolate and pour into a slice tin lined with baking paper. Put it in the fridge to set and then cut into squares. The original recipe calls for jubes (my friend used Gummi snakes) but I prefer the chocolate, marshmallow and nut combination myself.

I've packed it up for Mr Duyvken to take to work tomorrow to share with his team. It wasn't perfectly square so I did have to taste test a little to even it up, we wouldn't want anyone getting an uneven portion now, would we?

Comments

Popular Posts