More freehand fans

I started machine quilting the warm blocks quilt but decided pretty quickly that even though it is amazingly fast I prefer the look of hand quilting so I have unpicked it and started on fans. It's a nice evening project and because it's just a smallish quilt it shouldn't take too long to do. I'm not going to piece the cool blocks quilt until this one is ready for binding so that's good motivation to get on with the job.

I've been doing quite a few crafty things since I last posted but very few have been quilt-related. G's school is in the middle of 'crazy season' with every Friday being designated a fundraising event. We've had crazy hat day, crazy face day and green day and we've got crazy sock day and rainbow day yet to come. We cut shamrocks out of green construction paper and stitched them on to her uniform for green day and I made a faux leprechaun hat by stitching more construction paper onto her broad-brimmed school hat. Yes, it does look more like a pilgrim's hat, perhaps making it shorter would have been better, but since pilgrims aren't much much of a feature here in Australia I just left it and she declared it to be the best crazy day yet. Kids are irresistible.

Comments

Lily said…
I love the look of hand quilting too - just don't have the time or energy to commit right now! Good on you for 'unsewing' the machine quilting and doing your fans. Lovely hat too!
Tonya R said…
Hand quilting just has different, homier quality to it than machine quilting, no matter how well done. Those fans look great.

Popular Posts