Taking photos on wet windy days

is not easy! How do you photograph something this big effectively anyway? I have a lot to learn about photography as you can tell just by looking at this but it does show what I am up to. What it doesn't show is the colours. And that's a pity because the design isn't much to enjoy just on it's own. The centres of the block are dark brown, medium blue, navy, light blue, purple and dark green.

This will be the top half of the quilt and I am pretty pleased with how it's coming together. That block with the big blue centre looks a little out of place but I have another block with similar scale planned for the bottom half so that should balance it out. I still have a lot to learn about how to square up blocks but I have enjoyed working on something that is so decontructed. It's looking like it will come together as a reasonably straight-edged single bed quilt in the end (insert huge sigh of relief here) and it looks like it won't take too long to complete either (insert sound of me patting myself on the back here). We'll save the high five's until I've actually finished the project but it's looking good so far!

There is one small thing that I am completely over-reacting about, in fact, writing about it is making me feel tense, LOL. The tension on my machine looks like it needs just a tiny bit of tweaking. This is where I have come undone every other time I have used a machine and I am very nervous about fiddling with my beautiful new pfaff and screwing something up. I think a trip to Craft Depot is in my immediate future. When I bought the machine in early Jan they said I could bring it in anytime for a lesson and I think the time has come. It's just a basic machine so I know it's not going be a difficult operation but I'd much rather watch someone who knows what they are doing than try to figure out myself.

My sister was being induced this morning so I'm waiting for news and I haven't been able to concentrate on anything else all day. Who knew I'd be so excited about one of my sister's having her first baby? I have a niece and a nephew from my husband's side of the family but this is the first from my side and I am very excited about it. I so wish I was in Boston so I could meet baby straight away and be there so share this time with my sister. She's got wonderful in-laws over there and a great group of friends so I know she'll be getting all the praise and appreciation every new mother deserves. I'll just have to gear up for some major postage costs over the next couple of weeks. Those Bonds wondersuits and Sprout brand clothes from Myer are hard to resist!

Comments

Simonetta said…
Indeed a beautiful child!!! Congratulations!!!And the select name is really marvelous :)))

Popular Posts