Maybe just blocks?

Friday, February 23, 2007

I had a lot of fun last night fiddling with layouts for the snuggle quilts and after discarding some fabric from each pile I came up with this:

and this:
I particularly love the warmer colours and am looking forward to stitching this together. I think I'll just leave them as they are and not do the 4-patch blocks for this project. I should have enough fabric for backing and binding in my stash so the only think I will need to buy is thread - how good is that?!

I bought these fabrics as a bundle from Keepsake Quilting and I wasn't sure what to do with it once it arrived in the mail. In retrospect I think the squares were just too big for me to imagine the possbilities, as soon as I cut them into smaller pieces and started playing with them I could see it starting to work. Quilter's eyes, like sea legs must take some time to develop.


3 comments:

Lily :

I prefer the warmer colours too. Know what you mean about being stuck with chunks of fabric. Smaller bits are much easier to manage!

joyce :

Both are nice but I too prefer the warmer colors. How will you quilt them and are you planning on adding borders?

Anonymous :

I love the way you have set out the fabric. Looking forward to seeing how the quilts turn out.

Duyvken All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger